Fall in love with the stars of "el cielo" in Cozumel
El Cielo is a sandbank located 800 meters off the coast of Cozumel. It gets its name because in this place you can swim, snorkel and see at the bottom a lot of starfish.
Thanks to its sea as a pool and the beautiful colors of the Mexican Caribbean, it has become one of Cozumel’s beaches for children, a favorite of families and all those who visit the island.
Its crystal clear waters and white sand make this activity unique and unforgettable.
How to get to Cozumel el Cielo?
El Cielo is part of a tour offered by many travel agencies from the moment you arrive at the fiscal dock where you get off the ferry.
At the exit you will find a wide variety of options to do this tour that includes snorkeling in two of the best reefs of the island: Palancar and Colombia.
In addition to this place, there are internet pages where you can pay in advance and thus ensure your trip so that the day you arrive you can live this experience in style and without setbacks.
This activity is recommended for all ages.
In the boat you hire is the captain and the guide who will take care of you once you go down to swim.
The price of the tour includes snorkeling equipment, as well as fruit, drinks, water and a snack for when you return from the tour.
Things to consider before visiting el Cielo Cozumel/Cielito Cozumel
-There are multiple places to hire this tour, for example, the internet pages, or hire them at the Chankanaab park, as well as at the Colombia Lagoon Pier and Palancar beach.
– One of the many advantages of planning this tour is that you will know in advance how much you are going to spend, where you will take the tour, you will secure your trip and if you travel with several friends you could have a preferential price.
– The tour of the two reefs and El Cielo, is approximately four to four and a half hours, from the time you board until you return to the point where your boat departs.
Undoubtedly a good time to appreciate and enjoy absolutely everything.
– It is necessary that before boarding the boat you have your bathing suit.
If you have a backpack, bag, suitcase or anything extra you can leave it on board the boat in a special compartment to avoid getting wet.
– Once in El Cielo it is very important to emphasize that you MUST NOT TOUCH THE SEA STARS, as doing so can kill them. It may be tempting to take a selfie with them, but you are putting the life of this species at risk.
– Don’t forget to bring sunscreen to avoid sunburn and enjoy other places you will surely love on the island.
– The price of the ferry from Playa del Carmen is $300 round trip. You will have to take into account the schedules of this transportation, because if you miss the last boat, you will have to sleep on the island.
– It is recommended, if you suffer from seasickness, not to eat before boarding the ferry, either going to or returning from Cozumel.
If during the trip you feel like vomiting, the Ferry staff will provide you with a bag in case you need it, as well as cotton balls with alcohol if necessary.
How much does the El Cielo Cozumel tour cost?
The price of the El Cielo Cozumel tour will vary depending on the type of boat and its inclusions.
Rates can range from $600 MXN pesos to $1,600 MXN pesos.
1.- Mr. Sancho’s Beach Club Cozumel mr-sanchos-beach-club-cozumel beach-club-cozumel-mr-sanchos beach-club-cozumel-mr-sanchos beach-club-cozumel-mr-sanchos At Mr. Sancho’s Beach Club we have a Restaurant-Bar service. The entrance is totally free with no cover or minimum
Subsribe to my newsletter
Subsrice to my news letter to get notifications when do new post’s!